Nigerian Newspaper Reviews and Naija News today, Tuesday 24th November 2022, can be accessed below.
Below are the Nigerian Newspaper headlines & Naija news today from Nigerian newspapers.
Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. The House of Representatives has resolved to investigate the $250 million IT solution contract between the Nigerian Customs Service and Webb Fontaine. The lower chamber reached the resolution following the consideration of a motion of urgent public importance moved by Hon. Timehin Adelegbe on Wednesday during plenary.
2. The Labour Party presidential candidate, Peter Obi, yesterday said what Afenifere, the apex Yoruba socio-cultural group, is standing for today is the future of Nigeria. Obi made the statement on Wednesday during his presidential campaign rally in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital. Some leaders of the Afenifere were also at the campaign ground.
3. President Muhammadu Buhari, on Wednesday, nominated his aide, Lauretta Onochie as the substantive chairman of the Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC. The President of the Senate, Ahmed Lawan, read the nomination letters sent to the Senate by the president at the plenary on Wednesday.
4. A Federal High Court in Abuja, yesterday, struck out a request seeking to nullify the candidature of Bola Tinubu for the 2023 election. The Action Peoples Party (APP) dragged the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential flagbearer to court, arguing that Tinubu allegedly submitted to the 1st defendant false information in his form EC9.
5. Tragedy struck on Wednesday when policemen allegedly shot a prince, Lukman Olatunji, to death during a scuffle at the entrance to the Akinrun of Ikirun palace, in the Ikirun area of Osun State. It was gathered that the palace had been locked since the new Akinrun of Ikirun, Oba Olalekan Akadiri, became the monarch of the town.
6. There was a mild drama at the Lagos airport on Wednesday when supporters of the presidential candidate of the Labour Party and some party chieftains were prevented from boarding a campaign plane for their rally in Ibadan, Oyo State capital. The Deputy Director-General and Campaign Manager for LP Presidential Campaign Organisation, Oseloka Obaze, was the first to raise the alarm following a report that the plane had been grounded.
7. Governor Abdullahi Sule of Nasarawa State has said that the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Ahmed Tinubu, will rule Nigeria for eight years. He also said there is no basis for comparing the presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi, with Tinubu.
8. Bello Turji, notorious bandits’ leader, has reportedly held five residents of Moriki town in Zurmi Local Government Area of Zamfara State captive. The victims were said to have been held after they delivered N10.5 million “Protection Levy” slammed on their community.
9. The Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Godwin Emefiele, has said the apex bank will henceforth take cashless policy seriously, noting that people will fill countless forms and provide their data before they can withdraw large amounts. Emefiele also said the redesign of the N200, N500 and N1,000 notes was not targeted at any individual or group of people in the country.
10. The ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) has urged the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to perfect its technology and be ready for the electronic transmission of results in next year’s general elections. The APC national chairman, Senator Abdullahi Adamu stated this yesterday at the APC national headquarters in Abuja, when he received a delegation of the Commonwealth on a pre-election assessment mission.
Why Bill On Surrogacy, Human Fertilisation Is Important In Lagos – Obasa
BREAKING: D’banj finally opens up on N-power fraud allegation
2023: APC Sets Up Committee To Debunk Lies Against Bola Tinubu
More Winners to emerge in the Ongoing Polaris Save & Win Promo
Sterling named Best Employer for the fifth time in a row
Dollar to Naira Exchange Rate (USD/NGN) Dec. 7, 2022 (Black Market)
BREAKING: Popular Nigerian Musician, D’Banj ‘Arrested For Fraud'(Details)
Breaking: CBN Limits Cash Withdrawals To N20,000 Daily,N100,000 For Organizations
LASAA launches 2023 mobile advert stickers for branded vehicles …promises improved and efficient process
2023 Election: I’m confident Nigerians will vote for me — Tinubu
President Buhari vows to activate army aviation
ASUU kicks against education loan, demands for withheld salaries
Dollar to Naira Exchange Rate (USD/NGN) Dec. 6, 2022 (Black Market)
Top Nigerian Newspaper Headlines Today, Tuesday 6 December 2022
Heritage Bank is agent for actualisation of SDG 5-Gender Equality, women empowerment – Kilali Tribe
Business7 days ago
Black Market Dollar To Naira Exchange Rate Today 1st December 2022
News5 days ago
Black Market Dollar To Naira Today 2 December 2022
News4 days ago
Osun 2022: Appeal Court validates Oyetola’s nomination, dismisses PDP’s case
News6 days ago
Four Dead As Governor Fintiri Convoy Involved In Ghastly Accident
News5 days ago
BREAKING: Aisha Buhari withdraws case against university student who mocked her
Entertainment4 days ago
2023: Nollywood Actor Olaiya Igwe strips, prays for Tinubu’s victory at beach
News4 days ago
2023 Presidency: Why We’re Backing Atiku – Dogara, Others
News5 days ago
Giving.NG Partners Shoprite Nigeria on 40 Days of Giving Campaign