Lagostimes has compiled top Naija news headlines from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top Nigerian newspaper headlines and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the Nigerian Newspaper headlines & Naija news today from Nigerian newspapers.
Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. For the first time after the presidential primaries and selection of running mate which resulted in a crisis in the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, the presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar and Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State, met, yesterday, to hammer out solutions to the logjam.
2. Former Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Mustapha Balogun, is dead. According to reports released to newsmen by family sources, Balogun, who became IGP in March 2002, died on Thursday night.
3. The Plateau State Government has revoked the licence of all private Nursery, Primary and Secondary schools operating in the State. The State Commissioner for Education, (secondary), Elizabeth Wampum, disclosed this at a press conference on Thursday.
4. Bandits have abducted a woman from her sick bed in Anguwar Malamai village in Kakeyi, Zaria Local Government Area of Kaduna State. Anguwar Malamai is the nearest community to the famous Zaria Dam. It is about one kilometre away from the Nigerian Television Authority, NTA, Zaria.
5. Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu, has returned to custody as his trial on alleged human trafficking and organ harvesting was adjourned to October 31. Ekweremadu first appeared before the Uxbridge magistrates’ court in London, United Kingdom, where he denied all the charges against him.
6. Fear among northerners living in Owerri, the Imo State capital, has heightened following the killing of eight Nigeriens allegedly by members of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB). The attack occurred on Monday when the assailants attacked a building at Orogwe, Owerri, occupied by mainly Hausa migrants from Nigeria and the Niger Republic.
7. A Lagos-based lawyer, Amanda Asagba, has decried the invasion of her home on Nduka Osadebe Street, Ajao Estate, Lagos State, by armed security agents, including sheriffs and policemen. It was gathered that the men claimed to be acting on an order of the High Court of Lagos, Ikeja.
8. The Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Muhammad Abubakar, has assured the 2022 Batch ‘B’ Stream 11 corps members in Sokoto State that the Shari’a Law is not binding on non-Muslims in the State. The Sultan gave the assurance on Thursday in his palace when the NYSC management team in the State led by the State coordinator and some selected corps members paid him a courtesy visit.
9. A 17-year-old student of the Offa Grammar School, in the Offa Local Government Area of Kwara State, Adegoke Adeyemi, has allegedly committed suicide after failing to gain promotion to the next class in his school. Adegoke, who was found hanging on a tree, reportedly decided to take his life because he would not be moved from Senior Secondary School 1 to SSS 2.
10. The Nigerian Government has urged Google to shut down the YouTube channels belonging to the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB. Lai Mohammed, the Minister of Information and Culture, anchored its call on the fact that IPOB is a proscribed organization.
Breaking: Nigerian Singer, Kizz Daniel Arrested In Tanzania [Video]
Black Market Dollar To Naira Exchange Rate Today 8 August 2022
Tinubu’s Records Are Full Of Accomplishments -Orubebe
Boko Haram commander Alhaji Modu and 27 others killed in Borno
BREAKING: Beauty BBNaija Housemate Disqualified
LIRS Partners Deloitte To Boost Transparency In Tax Administration With Whistle-Blower Initiative
Black Market Dollar To Naira Exchange Rate Today 7 August 2022
Tinubu: Group cautions opponents of APC’s Muslim-Muslim ticket
ASUU Strike: JAMB Registrar,Oloyede Urges Lecturers To Resume…States Reason
#osun2022: Adeleke vows to defend his victory as Oyetola fights back through election tribunal
Black Market Dollar To Naira Exchange Rate Today 6 August 2022
Nigerian Newspaper Headlines & Naija News Today, Saturday 6 August 2022
#BBnaijaS7: Watch As Daniella Reveals Who Deflowered Her In ‘Biggie’ House(Video)
Court Orders Providus Bank To Refund Multimillion Naira Fraudulently Transferred From Customer’s Account
2023 Election: PDP can defeat APC without Wike, Atiku tells party’s BoT
News5 days ago
Ebenezer Obey finally opens up on the death of his son, begins campaign against drug addiction and alcoholism
News7 days ago
2023: Peter Obi’s supporters attack Okowa for saying he lacks competence
Business6 days ago
Black Market Dollar To Naira Exchange Rate Today 2 August 2022
Education6 days ago
Latest ASUU News On Resumption, ASUU Strike Update Today, 2 August 2022
News7 days ago
CAC to replace passport and driver’s licence with NIN for business registration
News5 days ago
Let Buhari go on sick leave and allow somebody else rule Nigeria – Kadaria Ahmed
News5 days ago
Why Buhari should be impeached – Soyinka
News4 days ago
Obituary Article: Peter Obi’s Aide ‘Bombs’ Omatseye