Nigerian newspaper headlines and Naija news today, Sunday 31 July 2022, can be accessed below.
Lagostimes has compiled top Naija news headlines from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top Nigerian newspaper headlines and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the Nigerian Newspaper headlines & Naija news today from Nigerian newspapers.
Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. Nigeria, on Saturday, won its first medal at the ongoing Commonwealth Games in Birmingham, UK. Adijat Adenike Olarinoye recorded a total of 203kg in the women’s 55kg weightlifting event to win Nigeria’s first gold medal in the games.
2. The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), on Saturday, ruled out the possibility of extending the ongoing continuous voter’s registration (CVR) exercise, scheduled to end on July 31, 2022. INEC National Commissioner in charge of Voter Education and Publicity, Barr. Festus Okoye, disclosed this in Awka, Anambra State, while interacting with some journalists.
3. No fewer than 26 corpses of residents of Duma village in Tureta Local Government Area of Sokoto State have been recovered. The victims reportedly drowned in an attempt to escape from a gun duel between security operatives and bandits in a nearby forest.
4. United Arab Emirates (UAE) carrier, Emirates, has concluded plans to reduce its frequencies in Nigeria from 11 per week to seven per week, with effect from August 15, 2022. The decision followed the inability to repatriate funds from sales of tickets.
5. Two women were yesterday, arrested by the Ogun State police command for allegedly stealing a baby boy in Ogun State. It was gathered that one of the suspects, 53-year-old Chinyere Nwozu, was seen with the crying one-week-old baby at about 9 am of the said date.
6. President of the Senate, Dr. Ahmad Ibrahim Lawan, on Saturday, denied media reports that he was sitting on letters of defection from senators which he didn’t want to announce during plenary. In a statement by the Special Adviser (Media), Mr Ola Awoniyi on Saturday, Lawan said, the parliamentary rules do not allow him to deny reading a letter from any Senator.
7. The persistent rise in the cost of aviation fuel, known as jet A1, is beginning to cause apprehension in the minds of stakeholders in the industry as they express fears that the sector may collapse and there may be huge job losses if the rising cost is left unchecked.
8. The National Youth Service Corps on Saturday mourned a corps member, Eunice Igweike, said to have been killed while travelling to the NYSC orientation camp in Sagamu Ogun State. Igweike, a 2022 Batch B corps member, graduated from the Federal Polytechnic Oko, Anambra State.
9. The Nigeria Police Command in Kwara State, on Saturday, debunked a purported intelligence report portraying the State as a base for launching attacks by bandits. A statement by the Police Public Relations Officer of the command, SP Okasanmi Ajayi in Ilorin, condemned the said report trending on social media platforms.
10. Gunmen suspected to be kidnappers stormed Shika village in Giwa Local Government area of Kaduna State, abducted the wife of a staff member of Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic and three children. Alhaji Bawa Idrisu, a resident of the area, said the abductors stormed the village at about 11pm on Friday, went straight to the room of their target and picked the four victims.
Why Bill On Surrogacy, Human Fertilisation Is Important In Lagos – Obasa
BREAKING: D’banj finally opens up on N-power fraud allegation
2023: APC Sets Up Committee To Debunk Lies Against Bola Tinubu
More Winners to emerge in the Ongoing Polaris Save & Win Promo
Sterling named Best Employer for the fifth time in a row
Dollar to Naira Exchange Rate (USD/NGN) Dec. 7, 2022 (Black Market)
BREAKING: Popular Nigerian Musician, D’Banj ‘Arrested For Fraud'(Details)
Breaking: CBN Limits Cash Withdrawals To N20,000 Daily,N100,000 For Organizations
LASAA launches 2023 mobile advert stickers for branded vehicles …promises improved and efficient process
2023 Election: I’m confident Nigerians will vote for me — Tinubu
President Buhari vows to activate army aviation
ASUU kicks against education loan, demands for withheld salaries
Dollar to Naira Exchange Rate (USD/NGN) Dec. 6, 2022 (Black Market)
Top Nigerian Newspaper Headlines Today, Tuesday 6 December 2022
Heritage Bank is agent for actualisation of SDG 5-Gender Equality, women empowerment – Kilali Tribe
Business7 days ago
Black Market Dollar To Naira Exchange Rate Today 1st December 2022
News5 days ago
Black Market Dollar To Naira Today 2 December 2022
News4 days ago
Osun 2022: Appeal Court validates Oyetola’s nomination, dismisses PDP’s case
News6 days ago
Four Dead As Governor Fintiri Convoy Involved In Ghastly Accident
News5 days ago
BREAKING: Aisha Buhari withdraws case against university student who mocked her
Entertainment4 days ago
2023: Nollywood Actor Olaiya Igwe strips, prays for Tinubu’s victory at beach
News4 days ago
2023 Presidency: Why We’re Backing Atiku – Dogara, Others
News5 days ago
Giving.NG Partners Shoprite Nigeria on 40 Days of Giving Campaign